by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15706 times
A continental recipe which has been customized with ingredients like pine nuts, parsley and mint leaves to transform into a Lebanese delicacy. Instead of zucchini you can try using bottle gourd or cucumber.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame while stirring throughout, until froth appears.
- Add the milk gradually and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cut the zucchini into 2 lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard them.
- Blanch the zucchini halves in salted hot water. Keep aside.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Put 1 cup of water to boil.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the pine nuts, garlic and onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the rice and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the hot water and salt and cook on a medium flame till the rice is almost done.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the zucchini, mix gently and cook till the rice is tender.
- Fill the zucchini halves with the above mixture and arrange them on a greased baking tray.
- Spoon out the white sauce over it and top with the cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.