Stuffed Methi Paneer Pakoda
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21000 times
Mildly-flavoured dough of besan and fenugreek leaves, is stuffed with a rich filling of paneer and raisins, and deep-fried till golden brown. The soft interior and crunchy covering of the stuffed methi paneer pakoda is indeed an enticing balance that pulls you to pick more from the platter! relish these pakode with a hot cuppa of tea!
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, add the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, green chillies, besan and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the covering into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball in between your palms.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression. Place 1 portion of the stuffing in the centre of each round and roll again to form a ball.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately with sweet chutney.
Stuffed Methi Paneer Pakoda Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pakoda
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.