Spinach and Paneer Open Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7604 times
A sumptuous and colourful spread of vibrant spinach and crumbled paneer, which looks like snowflakes just fallen on a green field, adorns crisped bread slices, ready to energize you with its great taste, brilliant texture and bagful of nutrients!
Indeed, the spinach and paneer toast is a wonderful after-school snack for kids, an apt starter at a party, or an anytime snack for the food-lover!
- Cut each bread slice into 2 equal halves. You will get 12 bread halves in all.
- Apply a little melted butter on all the bread halves and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till they turn crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, baking soda, salt and black pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer and mix well.
- Divide the spread into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place all the bread toasts on a clean, dry surface, apply a portion of the spinach and paneer spread and sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese on each toasted bread slice.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per open toast
|Vitamin A||1020.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.