Spinach and Masoor Dal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8790 times
Not too fond of spinach? chop them and cook them with pressure-cooked masoor dal. Tamarind, ginger, chilies and cardamom add a bounty of flavors, and tadka of cumin seeds, red chilies and curry leaves provides the perfect finishing touch!
- Clean wash and soak the masoor dal in water for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and turmeric powder to the dal along with 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 10 to 15 minutes, unitl the dal is cooked.
- Whisk well to mash the dal keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cardamoms and cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the dry red chillies, curry leaves and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the dal, lemon juice, spinach and salt and ¾ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a few minutes and serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1036.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||31.2 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.