Sama Pulao, For Vrat Or Upvas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7546 times
A wholesome pulao perfect for fasting days, the Sama Pulao combines the unique, earthy flavour of the sanwa millet with the aroma and flavour of whole spices and coriander.
Crushed peanuts give the pulao a fabulous texture and rich flavour, while potato makes it more sumptuous and filling. Enjoy the Sama Pulao hot and fresh with Rajgira ki Kadhi .
- Soak the sanwa millet in enough water for 10 to 15 minutes in a deep bowl. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies, potatoes and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the soaked sanwa millet, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. , while stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 cups of water and little salt, mxi well, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and peanuts and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.