Raw Banana Rosti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10868 times
Swiss meets jain! here's a classic jain version of an authentic swiss dish. . . . Crispy rostis flavoured with roasted peanuts, and spiced up with cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Place the raw bananas with the skin on a microwave turn table and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, peel the bananas and grate them thickly.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a non-stick mini uttapa pan with a little oil, pour approximately 1½ tbsp of the mixture in each mould and spread it lightly.
- Cook them using a little oil, till they turn crisp and golden brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make one more batch of rostis.
- Serve immediately.
- To avoid the bananas turning black, grate them just before cooking or soak them in water, wash and drain before mixing other ingredients.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.