Radish Koftas in Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 177 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24929 times
This simple combination of radish and low fat curds needs only steamed rice to complete your meal. You can adjust the consistency of the kadhi by varying the amount of water and besan. The radish koftas are steamed and not deep fried in the kadhi. It is also a good way to add vegetables in your diet to provide vitamin A and iron. The curd and besan combination makes the kadhi a rich source of protein and calcium too.
- Blend the yellow moong dal in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Squeezed out the liquid out of the radish and preserve it to add in the kadhi.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, besan and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan and 2 cups of water, mix well and whisk till its smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and turmeric powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida.
- Add the curds-flour-water mixture (including the liquid from the radish) and bring to a boil, while stirring continuously.
- Drop teaspoonful of the kofta mixture into the boiling kadhi and allow it to boil till the koftas are cooked (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander.
- When you add the koftas into the kadhi add one first and check to see that it does not crumble or disintegrate.
- If that happens, add some more gram flour to the batter and check again.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.