Paneer and Methi Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7106 times
A nutritious and flavourful roti that is just right for a day packed with activity. It gives you all the protein, fibre and energy you need to walk through the day with vigour. The thoughtful combination of flours gives it an inviting aroma and an irresistible flavour and texture. The paneer makes the rotis soft, while the methi makes it more flavourful. Serve these rotis hot to enjoy its true taste.
- Combine wheat flour, jowar flour, besan, turmeric powder, 1 tsp green chillies and salt in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Combine the paneer, fenugreek leaves, remaining ½ tsp of green chillies and salt in a bowl and mix well. Divide the topping into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Flatten a portion of the dough and roll into a circle of 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle by rolling between 2 sheets of plastic and applying a little water on the inside of the plastic sheet if required.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the roti on it and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Cook, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per roti
|Vitamin A||142.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.