Oriental Vegetable Curry Or How To Make Oriental Vegetable Curry Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5984 times
The famous Thai coconut curry is tweaked to suit the desi palate by adding a coriander-based onion paste and a tongue-tingling spice powder. The flavour and aroma of the paste intensifies when sautéed, enhanced even further by the addition of the dry spice powder. Coconut milk imparts a mellowness, which balances the spiciness very well indeed. All in all, this brilliant sauce becomes a perfect base for colourful and crunchy veggies, making the Oriental Vegetable Curry a really memorable accompaniment that can transform a simple meal of rotis and rice into a special one.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dry powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.