Mushroom Olive Crostini
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 225 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27819 times
Crostini literally means ‘little crusts’ in Italian . These dainty-looking appetizers consist of crisped bread with interesting toppings, in this case a creamy and cheesy mixture of mushrooms, olives and onions perked up with pepper and mustard paste.
The Mushroom Olive Crostini is an all-rounder, with an irresistible appearance, peppy flavour and inviting aroma too. Just make sure the crostini is served as soon as it is prepared.
This bite size appetizer is perfect for a Cocktail Party .
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onion and green chilli and sauté till the onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and plain flour and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, while stirring continuously so that no lumps form. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cheese, mustard, black olives, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Allow it to cool and keep aside.
- Cut the bread into 50 mm. (2") diameter circles, using a cookie cutter. You will get about 12 circles.
- Lightly butter each bread circle on one side.
- Arrange the buttered bread circles on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the topping mixture generously on top of each bread circle. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.