by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22282 times
Long grained rice tossed with deep-fried potatoes, onions and tomatoes and generously seasoned with baharat powder.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the potatoes on a medium flame till they are cooked and golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same oil, deep-fry the onions till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Put 3 tablespoons of the above hot oil in a pan, add the tomatoes and cook on both sides on a high flame for 2 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes.
- Boil a vesselful of water. Add the rice and salt and cook till rice is done (approx.10 minutes). Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the rice, half the fried onions, potatoes, tomatoes, baharat, cumin seeds powder, milk, rose water and salt and mix gently.
- Serve hot garnished with the remaining fried onions.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.