Madras Onion Pickle
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38652 times
Madras onions or shallots are used extensively in recipes throughout South India. You can use sliced onions, if you wish. You could serve this pickle with rice, spicy vegetable, curries or parathas. This pickle tastes best as soon as its prepared, but you can store it refrigerated for upto 2 weeks.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice and mix well.
- Allow it to marinate for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain out the excess liquid extracted by the marinated onions.
- Add the red marinade, chilli powder and mustard oil and mix well.
- Store in a sterilised glass jar, refrigerated for upto 2 weeks.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||990 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||29.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.