by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 1301 times
An idea that’s totally out of the ordinary, easy to execute but all set to please... get ready to try out our innovative Lettuce Wraps. A colourful and crunchy assortment of veggies, sautéed lightly and mixed into a stuffing, is wrapped in lettuce leaves lined with a herby plum sauce and pungent garlic sauce. A sprinkling of spring onions adds to the taste and textural aspects of this unusual Lettuce Wrap making it an experience that denotes excitement in every dimension. Using sesame oil makes these wraps tastier and healthier too.
- Heat the sesame oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the carrot, baby corn, french beans, cabbage and baking soda and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chilli paste and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the peanuts and pinenuts and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the vegetable stuffing into 14 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a lettuce leaf on a clean, dry surface, put a little plum sauce in the centre and spread it evenly.
- Place a portion of the vegetable stuffing on it and spread it evenly.
- Finally spread ¼ tsp of red garlic sauce and sprinkle ½ tbsp of spring onion greens evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly and seal it with a toothpick.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 13 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.