Kokum and Chia Seed Drink
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5807 times
Chia seeds are the latest fad when it comes to juices. Juice lovers across the world are experimenting with the magic of chia seeds as these give a wonderful mouth-feel, bringing some of the excitement of all-time favourite falooda into a simple juice!
In this delectable and refreshing drink, we have combined kokum juice with chia seeds, so you get a splash of tang together with the lovely texture of chia. The Kokum and Chia Seed Drink is an amazing way to enjoy the rejuvenating tang of kokum in the hot summer!
Try other kokum recipes like the Kokum Sherbet or Kokum Kadhi .
- Combine the chia seeds and ¼ cup water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Combine the semi-dried kokum and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Blend the soaked kokum in a mixer along with the kokum water and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the kokum mixture and 2½ cups of cold water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Add the powdered sugar and the chia seeds and mix well.
- Pour equal quantities of the drink into 4 individual glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.