Homemade Mango Juice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1920 times
We all have fond memories of fresh homemade mango juice enjoyed in the summer vacations at our grandparents’ place.
This indigenous beverage that has been loved and enjoyed year after year by generations of Indians is just perfect for the summer.
Made with a combination of ripe and raw mangoes sweetened with sugar, this juice has a really peppy taste that shakes awake our taste buds.
It can instantly perk you up on a hot summer’s day however tired you are. We tell you, no commercial brand can give you the same satisfaction as Homemade Mango Juice, so spare a few minutes to try it immediately!
You can also try other awesome juices like Minty Jamun Ginger Capriosca or Coconut Pineapple Drink
- Combine the sugar and water in a deep steel vessel, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the alphonso mangoes, raw mangoes and 1 cup water in a pressure cooker and cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes without the whistle.
- Let it cool and blend thoroughly.
- Combine the blended mangoes with the sugar-water mixture in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.