Herbed Tomato, Carrot and Macaroni Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23239 times
An interesting combination of tangy tomatoes and crunchy carrots, perked up with oregano, this Herbed Tomato, Carrot and Macaroni Soup is sure to enthrall you with its unique texture and rich flavour. This soup has a very interesting mouth-feel, because the cooked vegetable mixture is not ground smoothly to make the soup, instead it is crushed coarsely with a hand blender, so the flavours will merge, but you can still feel each ingredient when you roll a spoonful of soup in your mouth.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, carrots, oregano, chilli flakes, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 3 cups of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and blend into a coarse mixture with the help of a hand blender.
- Transfer the mixture, back to the same non-stick pan, add the macaroni, mix well and bring to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.