Hare Mutter ki Puri, Green Peas Puri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19096 times
Hari Mutter ki Puri is an interesting snack in which coarsely-crushed green peas, flavoured with tangy lemon juice, spiky green chillies and aromatic jeera, is stuffed into bhatura-like dough, and deep-fried in oil.
This scrumptious puri is super tasty as it features a range of flavours and textures. It can be had with breakfast or as a tea-time snack .
- Sieve the flour very well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and knead into a soft dough by adding enough warm water.
- Knead the dough for at least 6 to 7 minutes, cover with a wet cloth and keep aside atleast 1 hour.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green peas, lemon juice and salt and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the plain flour and cook again on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture becomes dry. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 18 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle with the help of a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place 1 tsp of the prepared stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 17 more puris.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the puris, a few at a time, till they turn brown in colour from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.