4/5 stars 88% LIKED IT
7 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 311 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42349 times
Rice cooked in coconut milk has a rich yet soothing taste, which is an unmistakable characteristic of Thai cooking. In this exciting Green Rice, peppy greens like coriander and mint work together with traditional flavour enhancers like ginger, green chillies and garlic to add more excitement to the meal! Relish every mouthful of this Thai delicacy slowly to soak in the flavours of the spices, green paste and coconut milk.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cloves, cinnamon, bayleaf, peppercorns and cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared green paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, green peas and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and 1¼ cups of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.