Green Peas and Methi Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38516 times
A rare combination of ingredients like methi and green peas makes this pulao the star of the day's menu!
The best part is that this tasteful pulao is packed with stomach-friendly ingredients like green peas, fenugreek and onions, which are alkaline in nature, thus helping to curb acidity .
We have also used brown rice to make the Green Peas and Methi Pulao, to improve the fibre content and make the treat all the more comfortable for you.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, 2 tbsp water and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and salt and mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- To make 3 cups of cooked brown rice, boil enough water in a deep pan, add the salt, 1 tsp of oil and 1 cup of soaked and drained brown rice and cook till the rice is 85% cooked. Drain completely and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.