Ghughra with Fansi and Paneer Stuffing
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11367 times
All-time favourite ghughras with an off-beat stuffing, this snack is sure to bowl you over with its flawless texture and exciting taste!
We have used a mixture of French beans and paneer flavoured with a dash of green chilli paste as the filling for the ghughras. The ghughras themselves have a very nice texture as the dough is made with sufficient ghee.
We have not shaped this snack like traditional ghughras just to make things easier and quicker for you, but if you wish to boost the visual appeal by shaping it like authentic ghughras, you can.
Prepare the stuffing just before you make the snack because it will release water. While frying the Ghughra with Fansi and Paneer Stuffing, maintain a medium flame because the stuffing will remain uncooked if you fry on a high flame.
Serve this tasty snack with green chutney. You can also try other recipes like the Vatana na Ghughra , and the Spinach and Cheese Sambousek .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, add enough water and knead into a firm dough. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the french beans, green chilli paste and salt and sauté again on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame, add the paneer and coriander and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 25 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle.
- Put approx. ½ tbsp. Of the prepared stuffing on one half and fold to make a semi-circle and seal tightly.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 24 more ghughras.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few ghughras at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ghughra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.