Diabetic Chocolate Sponge Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16102 times
Here i share low cal version of basic chocolate sponge cake. You can enjoy this cake absolutely guilt-free!!
- Sieve the jowar flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Combine the milk, curds, sugar, melted butter, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the prepared sieved jowar flour-cocoa mixture, sugar substitute and approx. ½ cup of water and mix gently with help of a spatula.
- The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Grease the cake tin with butter on all the sides.
- Dust with jowar flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and tap the tin to remove the excess flour.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 to 30 minutes or till done.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- When ready, remove from the oven, invert the tin over a plate and tap sharply to unmould the sponge.
- 11. With the help of a sharp knife, cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake (8 piece)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.