Added to 2300 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 353825 times
This is traditionally sold on the streets of gujarati towns. It is another version of vada pav made with a sweet and spicy potato mixture which is filled into a small burger bun and then topped with onion, pomegranate, fresh garlic chutney and sev. Instead of pomegranate, you can use black or green grapes cut into small pieces.
- Roast all the ingredients in a pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Grind to a fine powder in a blender. Use as required.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida, dabeli masala, potato, salt and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Remove from the fire, add the 2 tablespoons of khajur imli ki chutney and mix well. Divide into 15 portions. Keep aside.
- Slice the burger buns into halves horizontally and cook the buns in a pan using a little butter.
- Place a portion of the filling on the lower half of each bun.
- Top with the chopped onion, peanuts, coriander, sev, pomegranate , fresh garlic chutney and khajur imli ki chutney.
- Sandwich it with the top halves of the burger buns.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.