Corn and Vegetable Ring with Coconut Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 174 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15416 times
Corn and vegetable ring with coconut curry is an elaborate dish fit for a party. It involves making the corn and vegetable ring with mixed veggies, rice and corn; preparing the coconut curry; and then assembling both neatly to ensure an alluring visual appeal. It will take time, but definitely worth the effort as your guest are sure to be delighted.
- Combine the rice, potatoes, mixed vegetables, sweet corn, salt and green paste in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and sauté them on a medium flame for 15 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida and cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add half the tempering to the corn and vegetable mixture and mix well and keep aside. Pour the other half tempering into a 175 mm. (7?) greased ring mould.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, prepared cornflour-water mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a few tomato and capsicum slices evenly over the tempering in the ring mould.
- Put the corn and vegetable mixture evenly over it and press it well.
- Cover and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180oc (360of) for 10 minutes.
- When ready, remove from the oven, invert the ring over a plate and tap sharply to unmould the corn and vegetable ring.
- Pour the coconut sauce in the centre and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||635.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||28 mg|
|Folic Acid||25.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.