by Tarla Dalal
Added to 246 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 112158 times
Sumptuous cheese corn balls served with buttered parsley rice, glazed vegetables topped with a red wine flavoured tomato sauce. You can serve pasta instead of the rice if you prefer.
- Heat the olive oil, add the garlic and onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and wine and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Add the chilli flakes, tomato purée, salt and ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, parsley and salt and toss well.
- Keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and keep stirring till the mixture becomes very thick and leaves the sides of the pan. Cool completely.
- Add the crushed corn, celery, green chillies, cheese and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape into even sized balls.
- Mix ¼ cup of flour with water to make a thin paste. Dip the corn balls into the paste. Roll into breadcrumbs. Keep refrigerated.
- When you want to serve, deep fry them in oil till they are golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan, add the onions, salt and sauté till the onions have turned light brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the vegetables and sauté them over a slow flame for 4 to 7 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 2 sizzler plates over an open flame till they are red hot. Then place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Place half the cheese corn balls on one side of a hot sizzler plate.
- Place half of the buttered rice in the centre of the plate.
- Top with half the tomato cream sauce and place the caramelized vegetables and onions on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make one more sizzler.
- Pour the oil-water mixture on the sides the cast iron plates for a sizzling effect.
- Serve immediately.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.