Coffee Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 587 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84941 times
If you are a coffee lover who looks down upon cocoa as a flavour fit for kids, then this intense Coffee Ice Cream is the ideal dessert for you! Rich and pure flavour of coffee, complemented well by slight hints of vanilla, is the key highlight of this recipe. The ice-cream prepared with balanced proportions of milk and fresh cream has a smooth and silky mouth-feel, which you are sure to fall in love with. Indeed, this is is the perfect choice for coffee lovers!
- Combine the coffee and 1 tablespoon of hot water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 2 cups of milk and the sugar in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coffee-water mixture and mix well. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- 9. Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.