by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17411 times
Sweetened grated coconut has an unfailing charm, whether it is made as a traditional mithai or as an enticing toffee. Here is a wonderful Coconut Toffee made of grated coconut and condensed milk, along with some walnuts for a crunchy touch.
The mild chewiness and rich flavour of this toffee is really mind-blowing. Keep the greased tin ready before you start cooking, and at step 2, make sure you keep stirring the mixture without letting it stick to the pan and get burnt.
- Combine the condensed milk, sugar and coconut in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the ghee, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides.
- Add the walnuts and mix well.
- Spread the mixture in a loose - bottom greased tin, press it lightly with a wet spoon and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Demould it and cut into 15 equal pieces using a sharp knife and keep aside to cool completely.
- Serve or store it in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||63.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.