Coconut Curry with Fried Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 284 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84351 times
Of Mexican origin, this dish has travelled across the globe and won many fans! Coconut Curry with Fried Rice is relatively easy to make, sumptuous and has a mind-blowing flavour... what more can you ask for!
The rice is prepared quickly and easily by tossing it in butter, with spring onions and a seasoning of salt and pepper. Each portion of rice is topped with a luscious Coconut Curry, which houses myriad colourful veggies, and is flavoured excitingly with a paste of red chillies and garlic. This dish is sure to win your heart with its dynamic flavour and awesome aroma.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the rice, salt and pepper powder, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minute.
- Add the spring onion, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Combine the kashmiri chillies and garlic with 2 tbsp water in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the rice into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the coconut curry into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving, place a portion of rice on a serving plate and pour 1 portion of the coconut curry over it.
- Repeat step 3 to make 3 more servings.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||579.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||19.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.