Cinnamon Peach Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15923 times
The mellow flavour and pleasant aroma of peaches go very well with the spicy notes of cinnamon and dry ginger. This winning formula is the secret behind the success of this soft and spongy cake.
Canned peaches and crunchy walnuts are worked into the cake batter, which is beautifully flavoured with cinnamon and dry ginger. The outcome is a fabulously flavoured, soft and spongy Cinnamon Peach Cake, which nobody can resist! You can serve the cake warm, plain or with ice-cream.
If you wish you can serve topped with an icing like Vanilla Butter Icing or Chocolate Butter Icing .
- Combine the sugar and butter in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix very well.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder, vanilla essence and salt and fold it gently using a spatula.
- Add the peaches and walnuts and mix gently using a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter aluminium tin and bake in a pre- heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and loosen the edges of the cake with the help of a sharp knife.
- Demould the cake and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.