Chocolate and Carrot Brownie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 270 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35809 times
An interesting variant of the regular chocolate brownie, this mouth-watering Chocolate and Carrot Brownie has a rustic texture and satiating flavour that you will fall in love with. Grated carrot adds a lovely shade and a grainy mouth-feel to this brownie, which otherwise features all the regular brownie add-ons like walnuts and raisins too. One thing to be aware of is that these brownies, made in the microwave, tend to lose some of their softness over time. So, either serve immediately, or store in an airtight container and serve later with a topping of vanilla ice-cream to improve the moistness.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the batter into two batches.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5”) diameter shallow microwave safe dish using butter. Line it with a piece of greaseproof paper at the bottom of the dish and again grease it using a little butter.
- Pour one batch of batter into the greased and lined microwave safe dish, spread it evenly using a spoon and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly and unmold by turning upside down on a plate. Remove and discard the grease proof paper.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make one more batch of brownie.
- Cut into equal pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.