Chocolate Ice Cream Using Cocoa Powder
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51755 times
Chocolate and ice-cream are both ever-popular favourites with kids and adults alike. And Chocolate Ice-Cream is that classic dish in which the two meet.
Here is how you can make the perfect Chocolate Ice-Cream using Cocoa Powder. It has an intense flavour and absolutely creamy consistency that will bowl over the choosiest of diners!
The best part about chocolate ice-cream is that it is fun-filled as well as elegant, so it caters to audiences ranging from kids to connoisseurs! It’s just the thing to make summer the best season of the year...
You can also make other recipes using cocoa powder like Cold Cocoa Milkshake or Bourbon Biscuits .
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tablespoon of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat ½ cup of milk in a deep non-stick pan for 1 minute, switch off the flame, add the cocoa powder and drinking chocolate and whisk well. Keep aside.
- In another deep non-stick pan, combine the remaining 2 cups of milk and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chocolate mixture and mix well. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||412.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.