Chocolate- Vanilla and Orange Sandesh
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 161 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25525 times
Using just two ingredients, chenna and sugar, Sandesh a very popular Bengali delicacy is made.
If you get the texture of chenna correctly, then you won't have a tough time make these Sandesh. We have created an unusually flavored Sandesh using orange squash, vanilla essence and cocoa powder.
After rolling the Sandesh, refrigerate for at least 4 to 5 hours and cut it with a sharp knife so, it doesn't crumble.
Also try these recipes Apple Sandesh or Pineapple Sandesh, Paneer Mithai with Pineapple
- Divide the sandesh into 3 equal portions.
- To one portion, add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Roll the chocolate sandesh on a plastic sheet into a 175mm (7”) circle with the help of your hands. Keep aside.
- To the second sandesh portion, add the vanilla essence and mix gently till smooth.
- Roll the vanilla sandesh on a plastic sheet into a 175mm (7”) circle with the help of your hands. Keep aside.
- Combine the third sandesh portion with the orange crush and mix gently till smooth. Roll into a 175mm (7”) long cylinder. Keep aside.
- Place the chocolate sandesh circle over the vanilla sandesh, keeping the bottom plastic intact.
- Place the orange sandesh cylinder roll on one side of the vanilla chocolate circle.
- Roll it very tightly with the help of the plastic sheet starting from the end where the orange sandesh cylinder is placed while pressing each time while rolling and seal the edges completely.
- Cover this sandesh with the same plastic film and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the plastic film gently and cut the sandesh into 10 equal pieces.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandesh
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.