by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Boondi Payas in Hindi)
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27192 times
An interesting version of kheer in which sweet boondis are used to thicken and flavour the milk. It is important to remember to cool the milk completely before you add the boondi so that the boondi stays whole. If you add it into hot or warm milk it is sure to disintegrate giving you a besan flavoured rabdi.
- Combine the saffron strands and 1 tsp of milk in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan along with the bayleaves and boil on a medium flame for approx. 20 minutes or till the milk reduces to half its original quantity, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Remove the bayleaves and discard them.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Add the boondi, saffron-milk mixture, rose water, cardamom powder and pistachios and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.