Banana Lumpia, Banana Cinnamon Roll
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 1061 times
Unique and exotic, the Banana Lumpia is a treat that your palate will relish to the core! Easy to make but fabulously tasty, this yummy dish is made by deep-frying cinnamon-tinged bananas rolled in spring roll wrappers.
The crisp outer layer gives way to a spicy-sweet, aromatic and succulent banana filling, giving the Banana Lumpia a unique mouth-feel. Serve it immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
You can also try other spring roll recipes like Spring Rolls and Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce .
- Combine the banana strips, brown sugar, cinnamon powder and vanilla essence in a large plate and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Place a spring roll wrapper on a clean, dry surface and place a banana coated strip in one corner of the wrapper.
- Roll over the wrapper till ¾th.
- Fold over from both the sides one by one towards the centre.
- Finally roll it completely and seal the edge using little water.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 11 more rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non- stick pan and deep-fry, 2 rolls at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per lumpia
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.