Banana Folders, Fried Bananas with Orange Marmalade
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16321 times
Whole wheat flour covers, layered with bananas and orange marmalade, are deep-fried to make these irresistible Banana Folders. Kids will go ga-ga over the heady combination of sweet bananas and tangy marmalade, served in crispy whole wheat flour covers.
Serve this delicious snack to your young ones after school or as a weekend treat, and see them willingly bid adieu to junk foods!
- Combine the plain flour and 3 tbsp of water in a small bowl and mix well and keep aside.
- Put the whole wheat flour in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a thin 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place 1 tbsp of banana in the center, spread 1 tsp of orange marmalade and sprinkle ½ tsp of sugar evenly over it.
- Apply little plain flour water mixture on half of the circle, and close it with other half and seal it tightly, by pressing it with your finger.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 7 more folders.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add few banana folders at a time and deep fry till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per folder
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.