Baked Corn and Tomato Bread Cups
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 123 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59171 times
You would never have thought that leftover bread can turn into such an exotic treat!
Watch the magic unfurl, as simple bread slices transform into crisp, buttery cups that can hold a mouth-wateringly cheesy mixture of juicy corn, tangy tomatoes and crunchy veggies.
You can prepare the bread cups earlier, but prepare the stuffing and assemble the Baked Corn and Tomato Bread Cups just before serving, to enjoy the cheesy texture of the filling before it turns chewy.
These dainty bread cups can be served as Evening Tea Snacks or as Starters / Snacks at any Party .
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Roll each slice with a rolling pin.
- Press the rolled slices into the cavities of a muffin tray which is lightly greased with butter.
- Brush with melted butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, corn and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into 12 equal portions.
- Fill a portion of the mixture in each of the bread cups.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.