Avocado and Coconut Crostini
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5808 times
Crositinis as perfect to serve as starters at parties. They set a very upbeat mood right at the beginning, with their attractive appearance and irresistible taste.
Olive oil brushed slices of grilled or toasted bread are topped with yummy ingredients, ranging from cheese and herbs to sauces and veggies. The overall mouth-feel and taste of the crostini is an interplay of all these ingredients.
In this delectable version, the crostinis are topped with an innovative combination of avocado, coconut oil and freshly-grated coconut.
As a result, the Avocado and Coconut Crostini has an appetizing flavour and refreshing mouth-feel. Make sure the avocado is ripe, and cut it very lightly and neatly so that the crostini looks appealing.
Relish other avocado based treats like the Avocado Grapefruit and Strawberry Salad and Avocado and Feta Mash .
- Place the french bread slices on a greased baking tray and apply a little coconut oil on each bread slice.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200°c(400°f) for 15 minutes, or till they turn light brown.
- Cool completely and arrange 4 avocado slices on each toasted bread slice.
- Put ¼ tsp lemon juice, a little chilli flakes and sea salt on each toast.
- Serve immediately garnished with 1 tsp of coconut on each toasts.
Nutrient values per crostini
|Vitamin A||8.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.