8 Treasure Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 107 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88953 times
The number 8 is a lucky one for the Chinese and this dish is one made on auspicious occasions using a combination of eight vegetables tossed in a simple sauce.
- Parboil the snow peas, baby corn, fresh mushrooms, carrots, broccoli and asparagus till they are tender.
- Drain and immerse them in cold water to refresh them. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in another pan and add the onions and garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked black mushrooms, bean sprouts and sauté for another minute.
- Add the parboiled vegetables and salt and stir fry over a high flame for a few minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately.
- To use dried black mushrooms (shitake), you have to soak them in water for at least half an hour.
- When soaked well, the mushrooms become soft. Discard the stalks and use the mushrooms as required.
- They are available at few grocery stores and vegetables vendors.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.