Spicy Tortilla Chips with Red Pepper and Tomato Salsa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5952 times
A chat with friends over chips and dips is perhaps one of the most interesting ways to spend an hour! Now, if you can give this a healthy twist by making tasty, crunchy chips and delightful dips full of nutrition? Here, the Spicy Tortilla Chips are made with a fibre-rich combination of maize and wheat flour flavoured with chilli flakes, while the Red Pepper and Tomato Salsa is made more nutritious by adding red capsicum, rich in vitamin A and antioxidants. You can make the chips in advance and store them in an airtight container, but the salsa must be made just before serving.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead it into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Prick it at equal distance using a fork and cut it into 4 equal triangular pieces.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 28 more tortilla pieces using the remaining 7 more portions of the dough.
- Place half the tortilla pieces on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 minutes, while turning over once after 4 minutes.
- Repeat step 6 to bake the remaining tortillas in one more batch. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Pierce a fork through the red capsicum, brush the oil evenly over it and roast it on a slow flame till it turns black in colour from all the sides.
- Immerse the capsicum in cold water, remove the skin, stem and seeds and roughly chop them.
- Combine the red capsicum and all the remaining ingredients, except the spring onion greens, in a mixer and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the spring onion greens and mix well. Keep aside.
- Serve the spicy tortilla chips with red pepper and tomato salsa.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.