Rice and Spinach Stuffed Shell Pasta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21920 times
Ever imagined combining rice and pasta in one dish, and that too in such an exciting form? In this unique preparation, pasta shells are stuffed with a flavourful mixture of rice, spinach and other suitable ingredients and of course, cheese, then topped with a tomato sauce, and baked to perfection with a sprinkling of cheese. The flavours and textures blend and fuse, and the Rice and Spinach Stuffed Shell Pasta is born, to the delight of all diners!
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the rice, cheese, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place the shell pastas on a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased baking dish.
- Fill each shell pasta with a portion of the rice and spinach stuffing.
- Pour 1 tbsp of tomato sauce on top of each stuffed shell pasta.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on all the stuffed pasta shells and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.