163 Pasta Recipes, Veg Pasta Collection
Pasta Recipes, Veg Pasta recipes. Of all the international foods that Indian people have been exposed to in the past few decades, pizzas and pastas have seen a stellar rise in popularity! Pastas are enjoyed so much by Indians that it is now common to see local restaurants offering pasta variants on their menu, and children carrying pasta in their snack boxes!
So, what exactly is pasta?
Pasta is one of the staple foods of the Italians. It is basically dough that is molded in various shapes and sizes. It is cooked and tossed in sauces, along with other ingredients like veggies, Mushrooms, herbs, spices and other seasonings. You may use a creamy white sauce, a tangy tomato sauce, or some delightful herby variant. As you mix-and-match various sauces and ingredients, you give rise to new and exotic pasta recipes!
Pasta is a one-dish meal, usually served with warm, freshly-baked bread like Garlic Bread, herbed bread or other artisan breads. Sumptuous and tasty, pasta is loved by young and old alike.
Nowadays whole wheat pastas are also gaining popularity and are easily available in organic and specialty food stores.
Try tossing your pasta in one of these yummy sauces
• White Sauce – this is creamy and luscious, made of butter, milk and flour
• Red sauce – this is a tangy sauce made with tomatoes
• Pesto Sauce – made of basil, walnuts and lots of olive oil, this has a unique herby and nutty flavor
• Pink sauce – a mix of white and red sauce, the pink sauce is gaining popularity in India
• Aglio E Olio – a simple combo of olive oil, garlic and herbs
8 Things to keep in mind while making a pasta recipe
1. Do not make the pasta way ahead of serving time as it tends to dry up after a while. If you do, unavoidably, have to prepare it earlier, adjust the consistency and heat before serving.
2. The pasta has to be cooked “al dente,” which means to the right time.
3. Always boil the pasta in enough water with salt in it.
4. Once the pasta is boiled, drain it and refresh it with cold water. Then, drizzle olive oil, cover and set aside till the sauce and other things are ready to toss the pasta.
5. Pasta recipes should neither be dry nor too saucy.
6. Always garnish the pasta with some grated Parmesan cheese to get an authentic Italian feel.
7. While making the pasta, do not mix it a lot as the pasta will break. Just keep tossing lightly.
8. Always try and make the pasta recipes in a broad non-stick pan so that it is easy to toss and mix lightly without mashing the contents.
Enjoy our Pasta Recipes, Veg Pasta recipe given below.