This category has been viewed 40406 times
Healthy Indian Recipes > Home Remedies >
Home Remedies Fatigue recipes
Last Updated : Aug 29,2023
What is Fatigue?
Fatigue is defined as a feeling of tiredness due to exertion that can be both mental and physical. Fatigue is not just the feeling of exhaustion one feels after doing something strenuous, but it is when one is tired all the time and cannot seem to recover.
What causes Fatigue?
Fatigue does not always seem to have an obvious cause, but the most common reasons are:
•Stress or excessive physical activity.
•A complete lack of activity can also lead to fatigue, which can also be a by-product of boredom and depression.
•Certain medical conditions like low blood sugar levels, anaemia or damage to liver, heart or kidney can also cause fatigue.
•Deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals like iron, calcium and vitamin D can also be a cause for fatigue.
The following foods are sure to de-stress you and chase all the fatigue away.
1. Fruits and vegetables: Have plenty of fruits and vegetables as they provide all the necessary vitamins and minerals to keep us going. Vitamins and minerals boost our bodies with positive energy and keep us feeling light, yet full.
2. Protein rich foods: Consume protein rich foods like dairy products, dals, pulses and cereals to strengthen the muscles. Having ¼ cup of sprouts every morning helps to reduce the fatigue in the latter part of the day. You can also try the recipe Mini Green Moong Dal Chila
3. Dates (khajur): Two or three dates boiled in milk for 8 to 10 minutes helps to eliminate fatigue.
4. Banana: Have two ripe bananas everyday (either as a snack or along with your meals) as they contain plenty of pick-me- up nutrients. Date Honey Banana Shake is a delicious remedy to avoid as well as overcome fatigue.
5. Almonds (badam): A drink made with a mixture of almonds, figs and warm milk helps to relieve fatigue instantly.
Foods to be Avoided
•Tea and coffee
•Refined foods like maida, pasta, sugar and polished rice
•Canned and preserved foods
•Fast foods like pizzas, burgers etc.
•Aerated drinks and alcohol
Handy Hints to Avoid and Overcome Fatigue
1. Indulge in any activity you enjoy. Listen to music, go for a walk or cook as it will keep the mind and body fresh and alert.
2. Never miss your breakfast. It provides you the needed energy and keeps you going throughout the day.
3. Listen to your hunger pangs. Do not starve. Have a small snack in between meals, even if it's a piece of fruit or toast, to keep you going till the next meal. Try Til and Dry Fruit Chikki for one of the small meals of the day.
4. Consume protein rich foods more frequently. For example, sprouts, dals and dairy products in any form.
5. Drink plenty of water.
6. Include plenty of fruits in your daily diet as they contain fructose, a fruit sugar, which acts as an instant pick me up.
Mini Green Moong Dal Chila by Tarla Dalal
Fight fatigue, or it will fight you. Fatigue is a really cruel enemy that can really change your nature – even the kindest person can get irritable when tired beyond a point. So, do not take fatigue lightly, especially when it is very easy to overcome it, with proper foods and small lifestyle change ....
10 May 21
Barley Khichdi by Tarla Dalal
barley khichdi recipe
| jau khichdi
| barely vegetable khichdi
| healthy barley khichdi
| with 20 amazing images.
also known as
23 Nov 23
28 Feb 22
Panchkuti Dal, Panchratan Dal, Dal Made with 5 Pulses by Tarla Dalal
Traditional and wholesome are the words that describe this tasty dal most aptly. As the name suggests, Panchkuti Dal features a combo of five pulses, which gives it a unique texture, flavour and aroma.
You will find that this dal does not get mushy, mainly because of the blend of many pulses wit ....
Curd with Honey and Cocoa Powder, Weight Loss Snack by Tarla Dalal
curd with honey and cocoa powder
| chocolate Greek yoghurt with zero sugar
| healthy curd cocoa powder snack for athletes
| with 10 amazing images.
curd with honey and cocoa powder
is a he ....
05 Nov 15
Date Honey Banana Shake by Tarla Dalal
This energy-filled shake is a great way to start your day. Fatigue can be very stressful. At times, you feel so exhausted that you do not even feel like cooking something to boost your energy levels.
At such times, this power-packed Date Honey Banana Shake will come in really handy. It will sa ....
Orange, Spinach and Feta Salad by Tarla Dalal
orange spinach feta salad recipe
| baby spinach strawberry orange salad
| healthy antioxidant rich Indian salad
| with 16 amazing images.
Here is a lovely baby spinach strawberry orange salad
Paneer Sesame Balls, Healthy Indian Snack by Tarla Dalal
paneer sesame balls recipe
| healthy paneer balls with sesame seeds
| cottage cheese sesame seeds balls Indian snack
| cold starter
| with 16 amazing images.
paneer sesa ....
Muskmelon, Orange and Coconut Drink by Tarla Dalal
muskmelon orange and coconut drink recipe
| Indian muskmelon coconut smoothie
| kharbuja aur santre ka juice
| healthy cantaloupe orange smoothie
muskmelon orange and ....
05 Feb 23
Spinach, Avocado Smoothie with Banana by Tarla Dalal
This Hydrating Energizing Smoothie translates into joy for every cell of your body! With the vibrant colour of spinach, a tempting tinge of basil and the ever-popular fruity flavour of bananas, this smoothie is a sure-shot hit with everybody.
Avocadoes give it a really luscious mouth-feel while c ....
21 Jun 15
Apple and Poppy Seed Wheat Cake by Neha Chougule
A delectable blend of apples and poppy seeds go into making this yummy, innovative cake made with wheat flour. This cake is so moist it is great even without any frosting, a perfect anytime sweet treat. The poppy seeds sprinkled on top give a nutty-crunchy flavour.
10 Apr 14
Susarda Of Kacchi-kaieri by Madhumalti
Best home remedy for sunstroke, headache, tummy problem.
A good appetizer and summer cool drink.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.