This category has been viewed 11957 times
Healthy Indian Recipes > Home Remedies >
Home Remedies Fatigue recipes
Last Updated : Feb 18,2021
What is Fatigue?
Fatigue is defined as a feeling of tiredness due to exertion that can be both mental and physical. Fatigue is not just the feeling of exhaustion one feels after doing something strenuous, but it is when one is tired all the time and cannot seem to recover.
What causes Fatigue?
Fatigue does not always seem to have an obvious cause, but the most common reasons are:
•Stress or excessive physical activity.
•A complete lack of activity can also lead to fatigue, which can also be a by-product of boredom and depression.
•Certain medical conditions like low blood sugar levels, anaemia or damage to liver, heart or kidney can also cause fatigue.
•Deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals like iron, calcium and vitamin D can also be a cause for fatigue.
The following foods are sure to de-stress you and chase all the fatigue away.
1. Fruits and vegetables: Have plenty of fruits and vegetables as they provide all the necessary vitamins and minerals to keep us going. Vitamins and minerals boost our bodies with positive energy and keep us feeling light, yet full.
2. Protein rich foods: Consume protein rich foods like dairy products, dals, pulses and cereals to strengthen the muscles. Having ¼ cup of sprouts every morning helps to reduce the fatigue in the latter part of the day. You can also try the recipe Mini Green Moong Dal Chila
3. Dates (khajur): Two or three dates boiled in milk for 8 to 10 minutes helps to eliminate fatigue.
4. Banana: Have two ripe bananas everyday (either as a snack or along with your meals) as they contain plenty of pick-me- up nutrients. Date Honey Banana Shake is a delicious remedy to avoid as well as overcome fatigue.
5. Almonds (badam): A drink made with a mixture of almonds, figs and warm milk helps to relieve fatigue instantly.
Foods to be Avoided
•Tea and coffee
•Refined foods like maida, pasta, sugar and polished rice
•Canned and preserved foods
•Fast foods like pizzas, burgers etc.
•Aerated drinks and alcohol
Handy Hints to Avoid and Overcome Fatigue
1. Indulge in any activity you enjoy. Listen to music, go for a walk or cook as it will keep the mind and body fresh and alert.
2. Never miss your breakfast. It provides you the needed energy and keeps you going throughout the day.
3. Listen to your hunger pangs. Do not starve. Have a small snack in between meals, even if it's a piece of fruit or toast, to keep you going till the next meal. Try Til and Dry Fruit Chikki for one of the small meals of the day.
4. Consume protein rich foods more frequently. For example, sprouts, dals and dairy products in any form.
5. Drink plenty of water.
6. Include plenty of fruits in your daily diet as they contain fructose, a fruit sugar, which acts as an instant pick me up.
05 Sep 20
Barley Khichdi by Tarla Dalal
barley khichdi recipe
| jau khichdi
| barely vegetable khichdi
| healthy barley khichdi
| with 20 amazing images.
also known as
Homemade Peanut Butter, for Weight Loss and Athletes by Tarla Dalal
Indian style peanut butter recipe
| homemade peanut butter
| healthy peanut butter
| with amazing 6 images.
Indian style peanut butter recipe
is a simple recipe made from unsalted peanuts ....
18 Feb 21
23 Sep 13
Panchkuti Dal, Panchratan Dal, Dal Made with 5 Pulses by Tarla Dalal
As the name suggests, Panchkuti Dal is a delightful combination of five pulses. If you have remembered to soak the dals earlier, then this recipe can be prepared effortlessly as it uses only common spices and straight-forward methods.
It is the combination of pulses that makes this dal so spec ....
Curd with Honey and Cocoa Powder, For Athletes and Weight Loss by Tarla Dalal
Do away with the notion that low-fat is always better than full-fat! The fact is that full-fat curd, made by fermenting milk, is far healthier than low-fat curd. It has an ample dose of good protein, which is especially good for vegetarians.
Add to this calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamins B2 ....
05 Nov 15
Date Honey Banana Shake by Tarla Dalal
This energy-filled shake is a great way to start your day. Fatigue can be very stressful. At times, you feel so exhausted that you do not even feel like cooking something to boost your energy levels.
At such times, this power-packed Date Honey Banana Shake will come in really handy. It will sa ....
Orange, Spinach and Feta Salad by Tarla Dalal
Here is a lovely salad that gives you a bit of everything – tanginess, juiciness, crunch, cheesiness and spice!
Feta cheese, spinach and orange make a fabulous salad combo, which is enhanced further by the peppy, flavour-packed dressing.
Mixed herbs and pepper add a dash of spice to this dre ....
Malai Paneer Chilli Flake Balls, Cold Starter by Tarla Dalal
paneer chilli flake balls
| healthy malai paneer chilli flake balls starter
| crumbled cottage chilli flake cheese balls
| with 8 amazing images.
paneer chilli flake balls
is made with a v ....
Malai Paneer Bell Pepper Balls, Cold Starter by Tarla Dalal
No sweat, just fun! This easy-to-make cold starter is as quick as it can get. All you need to do is shape a dough of malai paneer into balls and coat it with chopped bell peppers.
The soft white colour and melt-in-the-mouth texture of paneer combines beautifully with the totally contrasting crun ....
Malai Paneer Mixed Sesame Seed Balls, Cold Starter by Tarla Dalal
Easy peasy lemon squeezy, this cold starter will be ready in a jiffy but will surely be loved by all! A dough of malai paneer is shaped into balls and rolled into sesame seeds to get a tasty starter that is also a visually appealing.
You will surely fall in love with the soft, melt-in-the-mouth ....
Muskmelon, Orange and Coconut Drink by Tarla Dalal
The unusual combination of muskmelon, orange and coconut water lends a refreshing flavour to this drink. Tender coconut water adds a tingling sensation to the tangy flavour of orange, while muskmelon gives a soothing texture and pleasant scent to it.
A touch of black salt perks up the Muskmelo ....
Pineapple Celery Juice ( Cooking with 1 Tsp Oil) by Tarla Dalal
Regale your senses with the fresh scents and peppy flavours of pineapple and celery, highlighted with a pinch of black salt!
Pineapple gives this fibre-laden drink loads of iron and a good dose of vitamin C too, which improves the absorption of iron by your body. Celery contributes vitamin A t ....
Mini Green Moong Dal Chila by Tarla Dalal
Fight fatigue, or it will fight you. Fatigue is a really cruel enemy that can really change your nature – even the kindest person can get irritable when tired beyond a point. So, do not take fatigue lightly, especially when it is very easy to overcome it, with proper foods and small lifestyle change ....
31 Mar 19
Hydrating Energizing Smoothie by Tarla Dalal
This Hydrating Energizing Smoothie translates into joy for every cell of your body! With the vibrant colour of spinach, a tempting tinge of basil and the ever-popular fruity flavour of bananas, this smoothie is a sure-shot hit with everybody.
Avocadoes give it a really luscious mouth-feel while c ....
21 Jun 15
Apple and Poppy Seed Wheat Cake by Neha Chougule
A delectable blend of apples and poppy seeds go into making this yummy, innovative cake made with wheat flour. This cake is so moist it is great even without any frosting, a perfect anytime sweet treat. The poppy seeds sprinkled on top give a nutty-crunchy flavour.
10 Apr 14
Susarda Of Kacchi-kaieri by Madhumalti
Best home remedy for sunstroke, headache, tummy problem.
A good appetizer and summer cool drink.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.