Rava Dosa Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 30200 times
Rava dosa is a delectably crispy dosa that can be prepared instantly, without the need for any fermentation. A traditional tempering and quick mix-in of chopped onions, coriander and green chillies add excellent flavour to a batter made of ready flours. This dosa is indeed an irresistible option for breakfast, supper, snack or a sudden meal for a surprise guest.
Recipe Description for Rava Dosa, Onion Rava Dosa
- To make rava dosa, combine the semolina, plain flour, rice flour, salt and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix very well till no lumps remain.
- Add 1 more cup of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, remove the pan off the flame and add the asafoetida and curry leaves, mix well and add it to the prepared batter.
- Add the coriander, green chillies and onions and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil and sprinkle little water on it and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour ½ cup batter evenly on the tava (griddle), smear a little oil in the holes of the dosa and cook it on a high flame till it turns golden brown in colour or until crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 more rava dosas.
- Serve the rava dosa immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
See step by step images of Rava Dosa, Onion Rava Dosa Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.