Makai Paatal Bhaji ( Healthy Subzi)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14245 times
Corn makes an interesting companion for colocasia, providing you with nutrients like calcium, iron and fibre.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds cracle, add the asafoetida, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the colocasia leaves, chana dal, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Whisk well till it is smooth.
- Add the corncobs, tamarind pulp and jaggery and bring to boil.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Calcium|| 115.6 mg.|
|Carbohydrate|| 20.7 gm.|
|Energy|| 144 kcal.|
|Fat|| 5.0 gm.|
|Protein|| 4.8 gm.|
|Fibre|| 2.1 gm.|
|Iron|| 5.6 mg.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.