sprouted hara vatana
Last Updated : Feb 12,2019
Viewed 8811 times
Description of Sprouted Hara Vatana Sprouted hara vataana refers to peas which have been sprouted. The technique used involves first soaking the whole dried peas in Water for 8 hours. Wash the peas and drain the Water. Subsequently hang the Green peas in a moist cloth for 10-14 hours (depending on the climate)or till you see the sprouts coming out of the muslin cloth. You may sprinkle water frequently if the cloth covered Green peas becomes dry. When the bean sprouts have developed short shoots, they are ready to eat. The slightly crunchy texture and sweet flavour of bean sprouts makes them a popular addition to an assortment of dishes. Sprouts can be used from salads to dosa. Sprouts are LIVING foods. Even after you harvest your sprouts and refrigerate them, they will continue to grow slowly and their vitamin content will actually increase.
Boiled hara vataan sprouts
As the name suggests refers to the dried pea sprouts which are boiled. You can use two cups of water per cup of sprouts. These proportions are based on cooking with the pot cover on. This way, it will cook a little faster, use less energy, and perhaps retain more vitamins. Pressure cook the sprouted vataana with or without salt in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. At this point , you may add spices, vegetables or even boiled rice as per your preference and recipe requirements.
Parboiled hara vataana sprouts
Parboiling is a cooking technique in which sprouted hara vataana are partially cooked in boiling water, but removed before it is cooked all the way through. Many recipes call for parboiled peas as they longer to cook. Parboiling them in advances ensures that they get completely cooked in the final dish.
How to select Sprouted Hara Vatana
Because pea sprouts have become a common ingredient, many grocery stores carry them, and they can also be prepared at home. When selecting vataana sprouts in the grocery store, look for plump, crisp specimens which are not slimy, limp, or stringy. Also, look for sprouts with shoots that are still short and stored in refrigerated sections.. Longer sprouts tend to get more woody and bitter. Exposing the sprouts to sunlight will cause them to start photosynthesizing, which will make them pale green.
Culinary Uses of Sprouted Hara Vatana
· Green vataana sprout salad is a very refreshing and healthy salad. Dal when sprouted turn out to be sweeter and this combo goes well with cucumbers, lemon and green chillies.
· The sprouts are stir fried as a vegetable accompaniment to a meal, usually with ingredients such as garlic, ginger, spring onions, or pieces of salted dried fish to add flavor. Uncooked bean sprouts are used in filling for Vietnamese spring rolls, as well as a garnish
· In Korea, slightly cooked vataana sprouts, are often served as a side dish. They are blanched: placed into boiling water for less than a minute, immediately cooled down in cold water, and mixed with sesame oil, garlic, salt, and often other ingredients.
How to store Sprouted Hara Vatana
In most cases, hara vataana sprouts can be used raw or lightly cooked, and they should be used as quickly as possible. Use the sprouts within two days, and make sure to rinse them before use. Sprouts are a common source of bacterial contamination, so get into the habit of rinsing any type of sprouts before eating them.
7 Health benefits of Sprouted Hara Vatana
1. Hara Vatana, though not commonly sprouted by many is low in calories, making them suitable for weight-watchers and others on a low-cal diet.
2. It is a good source of vitamin C, with antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals in the body that cause tissue and cellular damage. This prevents the onset of many chronic
diseases like cancer, heart disease, diabetes etc.
3. Sprouting hara vatana makes them easier to digest too.
4. They also possess a good dose of dietary fiber which makes them a suitable choice for diabetes to manage their blood sugar levels.
5. Iron is another key nutrient hara vatana is rich in. It’s a good remedy for anaemia. It helps to build you hemoglobin levels and avoid the symptoms of fatigue and tiredness.
6. With a high protein count, hara vatana sprouts offer a substantial help to people suffering from cancer to rejuvenate their body cells.
7. Hara vatana sprouts also contains greater concentration of other vitamins minerals than just plain cooked hara vatana.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.