Last Updated : Jul 12,2018
Viewed 96440 times
Also known as
Description of Roasted Chana
Dry roasted chana or whole black grams (chickpeas) are typically eaten as a snack in India. The nutritional data proves chana to be an amazing source of protein, fiber, folate, minerals and fatty acids. This snack is low in fat and packed with energy, and it works well to satisfy hunger, keeping blood sugar levels stable. Chanas are dry roasted with skin on a slow flame till they are crisp. This helps to retain the crispness and freshness of chana and enhances the flavour as well. These chanas are easily available in Indian market. They are consumed as it is as snacks and also be used in preparation of variety of dishes.
How to select
Choose from the various brand available n market. You can also buy them loose packed, just ensure they are clean and devoid of debris, stones and dust.
Culinary uses of Roasted Chana
1. They are best consumed as it is as a protein rich mid meal snacks.
2. They can also be added to chaats and bhels to add crunch and flavour.
3. Just adding onions, tomatoes, salt and lemon juice to this chana makes a lovely tangy chaat.
How to store
Always clean and store them in an air-tight container for a longer shelf life. Keep them away form humidity and moisture.
• They are naturally fat-free, saturated fat-free, and sodium-free. Roasted chana helps lower your risk of heart disease and may reduce your risk of colon cancer.
• They help to keep blood sugar low as the carbohydrate present in them takes longer time to digest and hence it has a low GI which makes them a suitable snack for diabetics.
• Use them to add a protein boost to meals without introducing meat or unnecessary fat to the dish.
• Roasted chana contain 6 grams of dietary fiber, or 22 percent of the recommended daily requirement of 28 grams. Dietary fiber encourages regular bowel movements, prevents constipation and lessens the risk of heart disease.
• They are also a good source of calcium, potassium and magnesium.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.