Last Updated : Jan 08,2018
Viewed 4005 times
Nougat refers tosticky confectioneries made with sugar or honey, roasted nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios and other nuts, except peanuts) and sometimes chopped candied fruit too. Depending on the composition, nougat may be soft, chewy or hard but it is always sticky. There are two basic kinds of nougat: white and brown. White nougat is made with beaten egg whites and is soft, whereas brown nougat (called nougatine in French) is made with caramelized sugar and has a firmer, often crunchy texture.
How to Select
• When making nougat at home, choose good quality dried fruits, sugar and honey.
• Avoid using any rancid nuts.
• If buying readymade, choose a reliable brand, and check the manufacturing and expiry dates before buying.
·• Nougat is commonly used in a variety of candy bars and chocolates.
• Some people also like to have nougat plain, as it is.
How to Store
• Store nougat in an airtight container in the refrigerator, but allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
• Nougat provides instant energy.
• It is also loaded with vitamins and other nutrients, thanks to the nuts present in it.
• Since it is sugary, it should never be had in excess.
• Frequent consumption can cause tooth decay and gum problems.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.