hide and seek biscuits
Last Updated : May 13,2019
Viewed 55271 times
The Hide & Seek biscuit is a small, flat-baked sweet biscuit manufactured and marketed by Parle Foods. It is a version of the ever-popular chocolate chip cookie, wherein little chips of chocolate 'hide' in the biscuit. They have a strong chocolaty flavour that goes down well with kids and adults alike. However, with just the right amount of sweetness, these biscuits don't cloy.
Such biscuits are usually made with melted chocolates or cocoa powder and a chemical leavening agent such as baking powder. Apart from plain chocolate chip cookies, the Hide & Seek range also includes orange and coffee flavours, as well as a new cream-centred variant (Fab).
Crushed hide and seek biscuits
The biscuits are crushed either with hand or by placing them in a cloth and pounding them with a hammer for a few seconds. The latter procedure tends to impart a finer crushed product than the former.
Powdered hide and seek biscuits
You may powder the biscuits in a dry grinder or by placing them between a cloth or plastic sheet and pounding them with hammer. They may be powdered finely or coarsely as per the recipe requirements.
How to select
Check the seal of the package, and the manufacturing and expiry dates before purchasing.
• Hide & Seek biscuits are usually enjoyed as a snack with a cold or hot beverage
• Chocolate biscuits may form a base for a chocolate pudding or a chocolate pie.
• Try crumbling these biscuits over vanilla or chocolate ice-cream, or over custard.
• Dip the chocolate biscuits in honey or place jam in between the biscuits to enjoy it as a dessert.
How to store
• The biscuits should be stored in an airtight container.
• Do not commit the mistake of storing them with other strongly-flavoured biscuits like pineapple or orange cream as these flavours will overpower the subtler taste of Hide & Seek.
• Biscuits are a quick source of carbohydrate, and help keep hunger at bay.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.