• Crescent roll dough is used to prepare crescent rolls or croissants.
• The crescent rolls can also be wrapped around any praline, almond paste or chocolate before it is baked (in the latter case, it becomes like pain au chocolate, which has a different, non-crescent, shape), or sliced to admit sweet or savoury fillings.
• The warm rolls may be filled with ham and cheese or feta cheese and spinach.
• Crescent rolls are commonly served alongside coffee as a breakfast.
How to store crescent roll dough
The crescent roll dough should be refrigerated and used within a week.
Health benefits of crescent roll dough
• Crescent rolls are a quick source of carbohydrate, thus keeping hunger away.
• Rolls made with whole wheat or oats are a rich source of B-complex vitamins and dietary fibre.
• Since these rolls are high in sugar and fat content, have them in limited amounts only.