• Cranberries are processed into juices, sauce, syrups and sweetened dried cranberries.
• They can be served as jelly or compote and can also be cooked with slurry to make cranberry sauce.
• Cranberries are a wonderful addition to muffins, scones and cakes.
• They are also used in making cranberry juice, which is blended into many mocktails and cocktails.
• It is also used to prepare cranberry wine.
How to store cranberry
• Cranberries should be stored in perforated or slatted containers to allow air circulation.
• They can be refrigerated for 4-5 days.
Health benefits of cranberry
Fresh cranberries are a good source of Vitamin C
, which aids in the absorption of iron in the body. It is also required to form collagen which is necessary for skin health
. This vitamin also acts as an antioxidant and help fight harmful free radicals in the body. Fresh cranberries are also a good source of fibre
minus the excess calories and thus they fit well in a weight loss menu
. Further the flavonoids
in them have heart