Last Updated : Sep 28,2017
Viewed 25794 times
Biscuit Crumbs refer to coarsely or finely textured powder derived from biscuits. It finds use in bakery creations. It is not commonly available in the market, but can be easily prepared at home using biscuits of your choice, preferably digestive biscuits.
To make biscuit crumbs at home, just grind the biscuits in a mixer or crush them between two sheets of waxing paper using a rolling pin. Around 7 to 8 biscuits would be required to make 1 cup of crumbs. Cracker crumbs may be used as an alternative to biscuit crumbs.
How to select
• Use good quality biscuits to prepare the crumbs at home.
• If purchasing readymade crumbs from a store, check the packaging and dates of manufacturing and expiry.
• Biscuit crumbs are used as bases in cheesecakes. A combination of crumbs and butter is placed on spring foam pans, and the cheesecake mixture is set atop this base.
• It may also be used to make other recipes like biscuit crumb pastry or chocolate biscuit cake.
• You can also use it as a base for flans, pies etc.
How to store
Store in an airtight container away from moisture.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.